?

Log in

Emerald Facets
Many Facets; One Gem
Moot 
25th-Oct-2006 07:45 am
Emerald Mod
On the night of the full moon, the members of the Caern of the Mother's Open Hands gather in the Hanalei Refuge.

There is a new face in the crowd - a slender young woman with coarse dark hair and sharp features standing close to Njall.

Mends-the-Rifts addresses the group. "Melissa Sun-Chaser here," she indicates the young woman standing near Njall, "has brought grave news." She extends the Talking Stick to Melissa. "Will you tell them?"
Comments 
25th-Oct-2006 12:05 pm (UTC)
Melissa swallows hard as she takes the Talking Stick. "I bring news from Vancouver," she says, her voice sounding strained; she is obviously trying very hard to keep it steady.

"The Caern of Cooperation is lost," she says, then takes a deep breath. "Roger Daly of the Glass Walkers is dead."

It's several seconds before she can continue. "The truce is off - the filthy Leeches sold them out to the Wyrm!"
25th-Oct-2006 12:07 pm (UTC)
Anippe looks grimly at her fellow elders. "Now do you see?" she asks. "I told you nothing good could come of 'cooperating' with the Blood-Devils."
26th-Oct-2006 01:45 am (UTC)
Melissa swallows hard as she takes the Talking Stick. "I bring news from Vancouver," she says, her voice sounding strained; she is obviously trying very hard to keep it steady.

"The Caern of Cooperation is lost," she says, then takes a deep breath. "Roger Daly of the Glass Walkers is dead."

It's several seconds before she can continue. "The truce is off - the filthy Leeches sold them out to the Wyrm!"


Andreu doesn't look surprised at the news. Though his face betrays anger, it's obvious that he'd already expected this.
26th-Oct-2006 02:10 am (UTC)
Matt looks thoughtful. **I shouldn't speak out of turn, and what little I know that might relate to this is really Andreu's story. I'll wait...**
26th-Oct-2006 02:05 am (UTC)
When he gets the opportunity, Andreu takes the Talking Stick.

(As he speaks, his voice fills with disgust)

"Brothers and sisters, teachers and students, when you are out walking around the bawn of our home, I urge you to look for unusual spots of recently disturbed earth. Many days ago, I spied a spot where some... thing had dug into the ground. Upon removing the soil, I discovered a human-like but deformed creature. It attacked me with razor sharp teeth and claws, but burned in the sun's cleansing light. Once dragged out of the hole, it burst to flame and burned to ash."

He pauses to regain his composure, "I would assume it was a vampire, though why it would bury itself in the ground on our doorstep I do not know. I have been vigilant, seeking out evidence of more of them tainting the earth around us, but have seen none. While some might assume that there are no more, I would not be so foolish. Keep a watchful eye when you decide to protect our home. Should you discover one, I will be eager to remove such an abomination with you."

Done for now, he looks for reactions and indications of who wishes the stick next.
26th-Oct-2006 02:17 am (UTC)
Matt holds out his hand for the stick.

Once he has it Matt says, "I was on my way to my cove do a patrol swim and I got to see most of what he just described."

Matt offers the talking skit to whoever wants it next.

27th-Oct-2006 02:46 pm (UTC)
Diana takes the Talking Stick from Matt and takes a deep breath. "Members of the Mother's Open Hands - I have more bad news." She pauses to look at Reads-Street-Sign, Itchy Kachina, and Charlie, then at the elders. "You might recall that at the last moot, Reads-yuf gathered a group to deal with the Wyrm drugs some humans were selling in Hanalei." Pause. "We did not find the drugs, but we did find something worse - one of the buyers led us to a store in Hanalei, where we found a Black Spiral Dancer masquerading as a shop girl."
1st-Nov-2006 01:55 am (UTC)
Andreu gives a wary look, though he does not ask for the stick.
3rd-Nov-2006 02:39 am (UTC)
** A vampire right in the caern, and a - black spiral what? I am assuming it is something bad, anyway... At this rate, the traditionalists are going to have reason to believe we cannot defend this place! But I should find out more... **

Lakshmi reaches for the talking stick, then asks "For the benefit of those of us who are not Garou, what is a 'Black Spiral Dancer'? I am assuming from your words that it is some sort of servant of the Unmaker, but can you tell us more?"
3rd-Nov-2006 01:51 pm (UTC)
Diana blinks; it's quite evident by her expression that she's never heard of someone not knowing what a Black Spiral is. **Well, the Elders at Gaia's Hand did say the other Fera were different....**

"A Black Spiral Dancer is a member of a Wyrm-corrupted tribe of Garou," she replies, trying to keep from grimacing at the thought of her people's hated enemy. "Once, they were Garou like us, and called themselves the White Howlers, but then they fell to the Wyrm, and became the Black Spiral Dancers." She pauses. "I could tell you many stories about the horrors they've perpetrated over the centuries...but now isn't the time."
5th-Nov-2006 10:30 pm (UTC)
"Ah, I see. No, I do not think we need to hear all the stories, though perhaps another time... For now, it is enough to know what manner of creature we must be on guard against, so that those of us who have not encountered them before will know them when we see them."
2nd-Nov-2006 03:31 pm (UTC)
Suddenly, another raven streaks into the assembly area, transforming in mid-landing into a weary Saki.

"Honored elders...changing brothers and sisters...forgive the interruption, but there is a group of shark men headed this way!"
3rd-Nov-2006 01:03 am (UTC)
Matt's face easily reads as a mix of surprise and happiness. He steps forward, turns, snags the speaking stick, turns back toward the elders and says, "Honored elders, I would like to go greet them!"
3rd-Nov-2006 02:42 am (UTC)
Lakshmi looks a bit concerned.

** I wonder -- will they be allies, or... otherwise? I know little of the shark folk, but I have never heard that they had much fondness for any of the other changing breeds. Either way, I suppose it is best if one of their own greets them, but in the event that they are not friendly -- **

"Matt, these are your people and you undoubtedly know them best -- would it be better if some of us accompanied you in case they are not friendly, or would they react badly to the presence of others? Perhaps if some of us followed, but stayed out of sight?"
3rd-Nov-2006 03:09 am (UTC)
Andreu also looks concerned, but says nothing when Lakshmi speaks what he was thinking.
3rd-Nov-2006 12:29 pm (UTC)
"Not friendly?" Obviously this idea hadn't occured to Matt. "Oh, I guess you could be right - I might offend them accidently or something. After all these will be the first shark people I've met." Matt thinks for a moment and then continues. "I don't know how they'll react to other shifters, I mean I get along ok - but they might be distracting. Not that this is would be a bad thing..." Matt's voice trails off as he gazes at Lakshmi with odvious admiration of her form. Matt tears his eyes away. "Um, I mean they might think it was, um, rude to attack a beautiful woman."
5th-Nov-2006 02:09 am (UTC)
Andreu raises an eyebrow. He looks between Matt and Lakshmi and a small amused smile starts to form on his face. With a slight cough, he removes the smile and watches Matt again.
5th-Nov-2006 10:38 pm (UTC)
** Oh, gods above... What an innocent! He's never met one of his own kind before, and doesn't stop to think that it could be anything other than a joyous welcoming? This must be carefully handled... And quickly. **

"Matt, I know little of your people -- but the one thing I have heard is that they are not usually fond of other peoples -- any other peoples -- and usually keep to themselves. If an entire group of them is approaching, it may or may not be good news. I think we can all recall how our first encounter with the menehune went -- hopefully we can avoid a repetition of that, but I do not think we shall do so by being too trusting.

"If you wish to try to intercept them and speak with them, that is good, but I think it would be safest if several of us followed -- out of sight. So that we may aid you if things go badly. Whoever can move quickly, and hide in shadows. Saki, how many of them are there?"

Lakshmi glances questioningly to the elders to see if they approve of this strategy -- if they seem approving, she will shift to feline and slip into the trees, ready to follow Matt.
6th-Nov-2006 08:26 pm (UTC)
"We saw five of them," Saki reports. "The rest of my sentai were trying to keep them from entering the Dragon Nest," she corrects herself, "er, caern, until we knew what they wanted." **And hopefully the boys and Tokiko haven't had any problems since I left.**
6th-Nov-2006 08:37 pm (UTC)
Lakshmi glances questioningly to the elders to see if they approve of this strategy -- if they seem approving, she will shift to feline and slip into the trees, ready to follow Matt.

Noticing Lakshmi's glance, Njall gives her a brief, almost imperceptible nod. "You show the wisdom of your people, Lakshmi." He raises his voice to carry. "You heard her - Matthew, you may go to meet them, but it would be best if you had...escorts to make certain nothing untoward happened." He pauses. "We have one; do any others wish to go?" He looks at Saki. "You know where the shark-people are, cousin - will you guide the others there?"
6th-Nov-2006 11:27 pm (UTC)
Andreu steps forward without a word. With a nod to Matt, he's ready to follow.
8th-Nov-2006 12:39 pm (UTC)
Matt nods at Andreu and Lakshmi. "I am fine with them coming too." Matt tries not to roll his eyes as he adds, "And anyone else that is necessary." He pauses and adds. "Though before we leave, would you excuse me for a moment? I would like to change - clothes that is, in case I need to change, well, me."

When excused, Matt goes off intot he trees, out of the line of sight of the gathering with his backpack.
6th-Nov-2006 11:51 pm (UTC) - A new arrival
(OOC: This takes place (with implied ST permission) in the time between Saki giving the news of the Sharkmen and Matt leaving to greet them))

In the Umbral reflection of the caern, a lean wolf in need of a bath trots among the plant and animal spirits. Looking at a spot in space, :What?: Though silence answers him, he nods in agreement. He concentrates and steps forward into the barrier between worlds.

Appearing off to the side of the group, the wolf wags its tail briefly, then lowers his head in greeting.
7th-Nov-2006 12:21 pm (UTC) - Re: A new arrival
As the new arrival suddenly appears in the material world, Minoru gapes - a rather unusual expression for the elegant kitsune elder - but quickly recovers his composure. He inhales through his nose, and then nods, as if to himself.

"Will you introduce yourself, Son of Wolf?" he asks politely.

7th-Nov-2006 08:10 pm (UTC) - Re: A new arrival
The wolf nods again and starts bark and howling "{Speaks-To-The-Unseen. Shaman. Silent...]" He stops. **Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. They're not all Garou here**

Talib lets his form shift up to crinos before quickly willing himself into his homid form. A 5'8" Semetic man with a lean build. He has cropped black hair and brown eyes. He's wearing clothes that are obviously second-hand, probably picked out at a homeless shelter.

He looks at all gathered and nods again before talking, "I'm Speaks-To-The-Unseen, Theurge of the Silent Striders..." He pauses, sighs to himself, and finishes, "... Metis. I bear no message but my own well wishes. I offer my services to help here, and to act as a messenger and liason to the Septs of the Garou Nation, if needed."
8th-Nov-2006 01:36 am (UTC) - Re: A new arrival
Already preparing a potential bad situation, the sudden arrival of a stranger causes Andreu to tense up. He stares at the wolf as it starts snarling.

When Talib shifts to homid and introduces himself, he relaxes a little. Just a little.
8th-Nov-2006 12:55 pm (UTC) - Re: A new arrival
Mends-the-Rifts notices Andreu's reaction, and inclines her head to Speaks-to-the-Unseen. "You are welcome to the Mother's Open Hands caern, Speaks-to-The-Unseen," she says. **It seems Gaia has favored us to provide help when we weren't expecting it.** "I am Mends-the-Rifts, Adren Half-Moon of the Children of Gaia, and one of the Elders of the caern." She quickly introduces the other elders, and then indicates Matt and his prospective escorts. "You've come at an opportune time - these members of the caern are about to investigate a report of," she pauses delicately, "er, visitors on our borders. Will you go with them?" **And then they will hopefully see if he means us good or ill.**
8th-Nov-2006 10:25 pm (UTC) - Re: A new arrival
Talib looks confused at first. **Why send someone new to greet visitors...? What kind of 'visitors' are these? No one seems to be running...** He nods hesitantly, "I'll do what I can, I suppose."
13th-Nov-2006 03:15 pm (UTC) - Re: A new arrival
Bright-eyed and bushy-tailed no longer describe Itchy Kachina or his reactions at his second(?) third(?) moot at this Caern. Stories, challenges, acknowledgement of deeds, none of this seemed to be of much importance to the Sept.

::These things are important, they have to happen or the heart of the Caern rots. Maybe it's the mix of all the different shapechangers, maybe they don't understand our traditions or why they are important to us. Maybe that is the secret problem with this experiment that none of the garou have seen so far::

He's aware of course (especially with any Kitsune around) that his thought might be heard or monitored. He's past that concern. Besides, if they had been monitoring his thoughts over the last ((I'm going to say month, since we left for our stakeout immediately after the last moot)), they'd already know his concerns about Spirals and banes.

And then it hits him; grave news from home, the fall of a caern. Suddenly his worries about the vampires betraying everyone and destroying all don't seem unfounded. Then, moments later, to be hit with the news that there have been vampires nearly WITHIN this caern, it's too much.

Had he given his heart to rage over the years, he might have frenzied. As it is, anyone capable of reading body language can say with certainty that he's on the edge. Eyes wild and staring, trying to comprehend how everything is falling apart not just here but in caerns across the globe, the only gift that Gaia has given to deal with this level of confusion is Rage.

Fists clenched and shaking, teeth grinding, he involuntarily slips to Glabro. ((spent a rage point to do it, as is required)), and tries like hell to maintain his composure. He manages to stand there half-listening and chanting under his breath

"I shall be calm"
"I shall be prudent"
"I shall be temperate"
"I shall be merciful"
"I shall think before I act and listen before I think"

These things he repeats over and over, standing and trying to get a grip on reality between fear and Rage.

It is at this point that he sees Speaks-to-the-Unseen arrive, but it's clear that he's no danger and the elders are formally greeting him anyway. He continues chanting the mantra under his breath as the newcomer is introduced, and manages a small nod of acknowledgement to the metis.

When the news of the shark people arrives, it's almost too much ((I'm regaining the Rage that I spent, unless told otherwise)). When the time comes for volunteers, he doesn't even stop to see who else is going, he only steps forward and goes with the escort "pack", still half-chanting...

"I shall protect the weak...I shall slay the Wyrm..."
13th-Nov-2006 11:24 pm (UTC) - Re: A new arrival
Upon seeing Talib's sudden arrival, Diana jumps, her eyes narrowing and her lips pulling back from her teeth. As he makes his introduction, she calms a little, but the elders' pronouncement astounds her. **They're sending him? How do they know they can trust him?**
14th-Nov-2006 11:18 am (UTC) - Re: A new arrival
Reads cocks his furry head at the visitor and paws at the ground for a second.

**Poor sucker. Not know scene, now sent to toothy fish men. Ask about picture later.**

He seems to consider something for a moment and then sits down.

**More is more noise. More temper.**

This page was loaded Mar 28th 2017, 10:14 am GMT.